1. As if sliding into the ditch wasn't enough for the week, a gas explosion occurred Thursday morning just six blocks from where I live! Thankfully, I was in downtown Minneapolis, far enough away from it, volunteering for the Get Lucky packet pickup. You can read all about the gas explosion HERE and check out video of the blast HERE and HERE.
2. I had so much fun volunteering the two days of Get Lucky packet pickup. I met Shannon, and although we didn't get to chat much because I was so busy, we did talk about how hot we think ultramarathoner Tony Krupicka is, tee hee hee. ;-) I am, however, not a big fan of his beard. I like little to no facial hair on a guy. Shannon is a sweetheart and I'm so glad I finally got to meet her. Be sure to check out her blog!
3. I also met another Minnesota runner and blogger, Julie, on Thursday because she was stationed at the Team Ortho event series table with me. Small world! Julie was fun to work with and it was a pleasure to meet her. Read her blog, too!
4. In just a few hours, the Get Lucky 7K and 21K will start. I'm so excited to walk this 7K with future hubs and Rachel, Laurie and Matt, wear lots of green, and enjoy free beer post-race.
5. The Get Lucky 7K will also count as my entry for the Shake Your Shamrock virtual race.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Stay tuned for a race report!