Friday, March 18, 2011

Five for Friday

1. As if sliding into the ditch wasn't enough for the week, a gas explosion occurred Thursday morning just six blocks from where I live!  Thankfully, I was in downtown Minneapolis, far enough away from it, volunteering for the Get Lucky packet pickup.  You can read all about the gas explosion HERE and check out video of the blast HERE and HERE.

2. I had so much fun volunteering the two days of Get Lucky packet pickup.  I met Shannon, and although we didn't get to chat much because I was so busy, we did talk about how hot we think ultramarathoner Tony Krupicka is, tee hee hee. ;-)  I am, however, not a big fan of his beard.  I like little to no facial hair on a guy.  Shannon is a sweetheart and I'm so glad I finally got to meet her.  Be sure to check out her blog!

3. I also met another Minnesota runner and blogger, Julie, on Thursday because she was stationed at the Team Ortho event series table with me.  Small world!  Julie was fun to work with and it was a pleasure to meet her.  Read her blog, too!

4. In just a few hours, the Get Lucky 7K and 21K will start.  I'm so excited to walk this 7K with future hubs and Rachel, Laurie and Matt, wear lots of green, and enjoy free beer post-race.

5. The Get Lucky 7K will also count as my entry for the Shake Your Shamrock virtual race.


Have a great weekend, everyone!  Stay tuned for a race report!

7 comments:

  1. Have a great 7k--so glad you were away from the explosion...unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the minimal facial hair thing. Glad you met Julie! Theres a possibility I may be in Minn for Twin Cities in Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--so glad you missed all the explosion excitement! And Julie would be awesome to meet. Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're truly blessed this week (and always). So glad you were safe! Good luck at the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for that race report!!! Yes, I get to help out on the packet pickup for the Mother's Day 5k in May, and then run the race! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Richelle!
    It was great to meet and work with you at the packet pick up! Hopefully, I will see you at many more Team Ortho events! I just love their events and the fact that I can volunteer to help them!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete