Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tag, You're It!

Julie recently posted a survey and tagged all of her readers.  So, here are the questions (in blue, my favorite color) and my answers (in black):

1) Do you prefer winter or summer running?  Summer running, hands down!  I'd rather run when it's hot out and I'm only wearing a tank and shorts than be all bundled up and shuffle my way through a cold run trying to avoid all the ice and snow.  When it gets below 10 degrees, I run on a treadmill anyway, which is also hard because I prefer to run outdoors.

2) What has been your toughest race to date?  Ragnar Relay 2010.  The weather was hot and humid, my stomach felt like a rock, I stayed awake for 36 hours, and I ran a total of 13.2 miles split into three legs.  However, it was the most rewarding race I've ever done.  I ran it with future hubs, my uncle Gerry and my cousin Travis, creating some lasting memories we'll always talk about at family gatherings.  Mark and I are planning to invite the other two guys from our van to our wedding.  I also learned that I'm tougher than I think I am.  I even got a tattoo to commemorate the experience:
179 was our team's number
The 2010 Portland Half-Marathon was also hard for me because it rained for the entire race.  Yet I still earned a PR, even though my clothing and shoes were soaked and I was so tired by the end of the race.

3) What are your running goals for 2011?  Stay injury free!  I'm still recovering from my second running injury of 2010, and I'm sick of being unable to run.  Once I'm able to run and have the training in, I'd like to complete my first duathlon and triathlon.  Future hubs and I are signed up to walk a marathon in May, which will be our first.  I ran a lot of races this year, so I'm planning to cut back in 2011 and enjoy just a few core races.

4) Do you have any other passions in life?  I enjoy writing, photography, traveling, making jewelry, singing, yoga, my faith, and good wine and beer!

5) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, probably Seattle or Spokane.  I was hoping I'd fall in love with Portland when I was there for the half-marathon in October, but I knew from the first day I was there that I didn't want to live there.  I'm not really sure why, but I just knew.  I'd like to check out Eugene and see if it would be a good place for me to live.  My only concern about living out in the PNW is the rain, especially considering how this winter and my lack of time spent outdoors is affecting me.  Spokane is drier and sunnier, though. 


I'm tagging all of you, unless you've already answered these questions previously.  Have fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about volunteering for team ortho - their races are especially expensive, so that's a great way to save some $.

    ReplyDelete