1. I had an awesome birthday on Tuesday. I received lots of well-wishes from co-workers, family and friends, and future hubs made a delicious dinner for me. I'm very thankful for my loved ones, and that Mark is such a great cook.
2. Continuing with my great birthday theme, my brother Kevin and his girlfriend took me out to eat on Wednesday night at the Olive Garden. They also gave me a $100 giftcard to Amazon.com! It burned a hole in my pocket: I already bought a Garmin Forerunner 305, as I'm looking for something to help me with interval training this summer. I only had to pay about $29 out of my own pocket for it... score!
Questions for my readers: Do you have a Garmin (or another "fancy" watch)? What do you like about it? How has it helped your training?
3. Future hubs and I registered for the Rock 'N' Roll Savannah Half-Marathon a few days ago. I'm very excited to return to Savannah and relive my memories of the city with Mark. I'm also hoping to pace Mark to a new half-marathon PR, unless he decides to go after it at a different race this year. I'm thinking of dressing as a Girl Scout for the race, as Savannah was the birthplace of Girl Scouts founder Juliette Gordon Low. I just need to find an old uniform. Kurt, do you have any ideas?
Question: What has been your favorite destination race? (Mine is definitely the 2009 Nike Women's Half-Marathon)
4. This Sunday marks my second Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon. If you recall, I had a bike mishap (though no fault of my own) during my first indoor tri event in February. I signed up for Sunday's event late, and already I'm concerned about it. The lady I corresponded with via e-mail wanted me to register via site, meaning that I'd have to pay for it. After I explained what happened at my first tri event, she said that she'd get me signed up for Sunday ("no worries"), but she didn't ask for any of my information. I would think they'd have my info on record from the February event, but this still is disconcerting to me. Oh well... I'll just go to Chanhassen on Sunday and see what happens. I hope it goes well, but as in life, there are no guarantees.
5. I'm feeling stressed out lately. I feel like my workload at my job has exponentially increased, plus with planning a wedding and looking for a house/townhouse, I feel overwhelmed. Next week will be worse, as our receptionist will be on vacation and I have to do her job along with mine. Tomorrow will be a low-key day so I can relax and recharge my batteries.
Have a great weekend, everyone!