Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I meant to post this last weekend, but Liz over at Feet Dominating Pavement interviewed me and posted it on her blog.  You can read the interview HERE.

2. Even though Rachel, future hubs and I are registered for the We Walk Marathon on May 21, we will likely drop down to the half-marathon.  I haven't been able to train as much as I should, due to injury recovery earlier in the year, wedding planning, house hunting, and work stress.  I also don't want to be injured again before my running "season" starts.  Rachel has had some nagging foot pain, as well.  I'm disappointed that my second attempt to do a full marathon has failed, but hopefully the third time will be the charm.  I certainly won't be nearly as busy!  My plan is to train for the 2012 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon.

The We Walk Half Marathon will be Rachel's first half, so I'm excited to be there with her for it.

3. The good: My Garmin Forerunner 305 arrived today, I was filmed for a video that my church is showing on Easter Sunday, and Mark and I set up our Macy's wedding registry last night.  The bad: Doing the work of two people all week (our receptionist is on vacation), major muscle soreness from tough strength-training this week, and the feeling that I'm coming down with a cold.  Blah!  The ugly: Sugar can be toxic to your health.  Check out the New York Times article HERE.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  I will post the indoor tri race report either tomorrow or Saturday.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for that you have your 305!! Registering is so fun! You will definitely get to the starting line of that marathon in 2012!! You are one busy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is Bill Clinton in the graduation picture. He spoke at the May Graduation as a son's friend was graduating. He was an amazing speaker. Emily really graduated in Feb. and wasn't going to attend the May one until we heard he was the speaker. So I had already registered for the local marathon. When I told people I cancelled because I was going to my daughter's graduation I got more than a few looks. I am sure they were wondering why I didn't know I was going sooner and why had I registered for the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for your garmin! There is nothing wrong with dropping down to the half - better safe than sorry and risking injury

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good call to stick with the half - the last thing you want is to end up worn out or injured. There will be another time for a full!

    YAY for your new 305!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for your new toy, enjoy the Garmin!
    You are so young, you have all the time for a full marathon. I was 34 y.o. when I ran my first one. It is better not to risk an injury now.
    Have a good week end

    ReplyDelete
  6. *booooo* someone else got a garmin and I'm still drooling over my 50 lap/split timer. Oh well, I'll suck it up.

    As for the marathon fail, I'm sure you've spent some time reflecting back on what led to the fails, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had to back off the marathon but with everything else going on I think it's a wise move. Plus there's always TWIN CITIES!!!
    Enjoy your new Garmin!

    ReplyDelete