Thursday, April 28, 2011

Three Times Two Things Thursday

1. My left ankle appears to be back to normal.  I had full range of motion on Tuesday and was able to withstand tough strength-training, yoga and interval workouts this week.  I've got another 5.79 miles to go for the Cool Kids Virtual Marathon, which ends on May 1.  If the weather is decent Saturday (it's been rainy here lately), I'll try to get 3-4 miles in, and then walk the rest on Sunday.

2. Prize raffle winners and photos were posted today for the Jelly Bean Virtual Race (click HERE if you want to check them out).  My costume won an Honorable Mention!  I was also a raffle winner.  Yay!  I will be the recipient of a pack of three pace bands from Races2RememberHas anyone ever used their pace bands before?

3. Speaking of prizes, I received my TYR Alliance Team Backpack in the mail on Tuesday, courtesy of a giveaway hosted by Steve from Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!

My bag is royal blue and gold... ironically, those are my wedding colors!
That swim/transition bag is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, and it has a lot of handy compartments that will work perfectly for me once I get into the tri scene.  Heck... it would work as a hiking backpack or carry-on!  Thanks to Steve for hosting the giveaway.  He's a local runner, so I hope to see him and his wife at future events.

4. Happy Administrative Professionals Day (which was yesterday) and Week!  My company is providing lunch for us admins tomorrow.  Kudos and a quick shout-out to Marlene, who is also an administrative assistant. :)  If I'm missing anyone else, let me know so I can give you a virtual pat on the back, too.  Keep up the great work!

5. The course has been revealed for the Rock 'N' Roll Savannah Marathon and Half-Marathon!


You can check it out HERE.  I'm so excited that a good chunk of the course will take place in Savannah's historic district.  Plus, the race finishes right in front of Forsyth Park. :)


6. Rachel, future hubs and I will not be doing the We Walk! Half-Marathon after all.  Rachel has an all-day choir rehearsal that day with One Voice Mixed Chorus, a choir very near and dear to her heart.  Mark and I talked about the race and decided we didn't want to do it either.  We haven't walked much together and our motivation to do the race was definitely lacking.  Instead, we're thinking about doing the Red, White and Boom! TC Half-Marathon on July 4.  Mark would use this race to PR, whereas I'm hoping to have a good time, although I may pace my fiance if he wants me to.  I'm already thinking of patriotic costume ideas! :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!  I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday, although it's month-end, which means lots of paperwork.  Ugh!

9 comments:

  1. Are you running savannah?? I'm seriously thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mark and I are doing the half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my new running friends just mentioned the Savannah race to me . . . small world. It certainly does look like a great time. Congrats on doing it!!!
    I think your decision to skip the walking half was a good one. If your heart isn't in it and you've not trained, you could get hurt and that would really be a HUGE bummer! Speaking of injury - glad your ankle is better.
    Wow - lucky prize winner!!! That's awesome! That bag looks super helpful. Speaking of tri bags - because of what I learned from your blog about indoor tris I was able to have an intelligible conversation with one of my training group participants about tris and indoor tris. He gave me a suggestion for one in March about an hour from my home - totally going to look into it. Thanks for being a great teacher!
    Have a great Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your photo on Jess's Jelly Bean report. Too cute!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the honorable mention & raffle prize!!! I won some Races2Remember pace bands and will be using on on May 15th. Can't wait!

    Sounds like the route for Savannah will be beautiful! I love a scenic course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savannah looks gorgeous!! Still loving your Jelly Bean pics Richelle--so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a rich "loot", congrats.
    Savannah ...a bit far from here.....
    I hope that the weather today was decent and you succeeded in running those 3/4 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great prize! Enjoy all you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Savannah would be awesome...are you a Georgia girl? My family is from Savannah and Atlanta area.

    ReplyDelete