Monday, January 10, 2011

Setback

Due to car problems with future hubs' Ford Taurus (all issues are fixed, but it took almost an entire day), we were unable to go out for sushi like we wanted to on Thursday night.  We did, however, see a late showing of The King's Speech.  Great movie--we highly recommend it!  Friday night, we went out for sushi (Tiger Sushi at Mall of America--yum!) and I gave Mark his birthday gifts: a 750 ml bottle of Crown Royal Black and this book.

Saturday was a day for running errands.  I found the shoes I will wear with my wedding dress, and also scored some great deals at The Limited and Bath & Body Works.

Then, I went for a run.  I ran longer than I thought I was going to and now my knee is hurting again (same spot as before).  I should have stopped running while I was still feeling great, and now I have to take at least a week off, possibly more.  There are days when I wish I wasn't so addicted to running.  I wish I could get the same endorphin kick from spinning, strength training or yoga, but I don't.  I hope I will learn to baby my knee much better this time around.

I'm glad my first race isn't until March.

My company's holiday party was on Saturday night and it was a lot of fun.  I only have one picture from it.  I'll post it soon.

Mark and I took today and tomorrow off from work to work on wedding stuff.  We have the tux situation all figured out now.  We're planning to make our own invites and ceremony programs, so we browsed the printers at Best Buy to see what was available.  We'll do a little more research before purchasing one.

Mark's actual birthday was yesterday.  He's 28 years old.

Hope you're having a great week so far!

6 comments:

  1. I really want to see that movie. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the pain in the knee again. I think you have to talk with a doctor, possibly a running doctor. Sometimes you can solve the problem with a different kind of stretching and sometimes with an appropriate therapy (and rest). However you can swim if you like. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of you knee, one week of rest is a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the knee pain. Just when I thought my foot pain was heeled I still feel it creep up every now and then too. I wonder if there is some stretching or something you can do to help strengthen the muscles? Have you been to a physical therapist? I do hope that it feels better soon. There is nothing worse than wanting to run and not being able to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the rest of your wedding planning!! isn't it weird how running is the only thing that gives you an endorphin rush? I feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely take it easy on that knee. It's not worth pushing through just to finish one run so you can sit our for 2 weeks. Congrats on finding your shoes!!! I still haven't found mine yet. Well, i found them but i found them at the end of the season last summer and i could not get my size anywhere. So i have to look for something else. i'm waiting til the spring shoes come out, hopefully soon. it's all exciting, isn't it!? :-)

    ReplyDelete