Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So...

I have an announcement to make...

Today and Monday were the first two days I've been able to run since Thanksgiving with no knee pain.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, each day I only ran 15 minutes, but combined with 30 minutes of spinning and a 15-minute walk, I got a decent workout.

As you can tell, I'm incredibly excited.  I hope that the ability to run now will help me combat seasonal depression, and that it will be a precursor to a great running season this year.

Here's my weekly workout schedule:
Monday: Strength-training during lunch break, cardio (spinning, walking, running) after work
Tuesday: Yoga during lunch break
Wednesday: Strength-training during lunch break, cardio after work
Thursday: Yoga during lunch break
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: Traditionally, this is my long run day.  I'll be doing a lot of walking on this day as I train for the We Walk! Marathon in May.  I'll also try to fit in some swimming here.
Sunday: Rest day (I may add circuit training with Melissa to this day for a few weeks to get my butt in gear)

Future hubs and I are going out for sushi and a movie tomorrow night.  His birthday is on Sunday, but this is the night we will celebrate his birthday just the two of us.  We're going to see The King's Speech.  I'm also hoping to see Black Swan and The Fighter before the Oscars.  Anyone else have any movie recommendations?

8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for running pain free!!! I am excited for you and know how hard it is not to be able to run because of pain.

    You really have a nice training plan. I would love to try spinning too. I know it would probably kick my butt the first few times:) Nice job...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no pain!!!! That's awesome. I hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no pain!!!! Hopefully it continues on like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Richelle! Thanks for your comments!! :)

    YAYYY for no pain and some great workouts! Here's hoping your knee stays strong as you build up those runs! I look forward to following along!

    I hope your night out was nice! We saw The Fighter last weekend - it was excellent! I hope to see Black Swan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Richelle!! Boy, do I understand your excitement!! So glad you were able to run pain free. Cheers to a great 2011, healthy, race season!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. Typo in that last comment. I hate those. Let me try again...

    Glad to hear you're running pain-free! Also, thanks for your comment. I have a friend in Minneapolis and I was actually looking into that half yesterday. Good to hear a positive review.

    I've seen both The King's Speech and Black Swan. Very different movies, but I loved them both.

    ReplyDelete