Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and that you've enjoyed the first two days of 2011.

I worked an 11-hour day with no lunch break on NYE.  Upon my return home, I rewarded myself with a delicious meal of Thai-style chicken and veggies and some Chateau St. Croix Ice (dessert) wine.  I was in bed by 10:00, I think.

Future hubs proposed to me at midnight on New Year's last year.  No other NYE will top that!

I spent a good chunk of my New Year's Day volunteering for Team Ortho's Polar Dash.  I froze my butt off, but I worked with some great volunteers at the info tent.  After the shuttle fiasco at the Monster Dash in October, I'm so glad that everyone running the race seemed to have a great time.  I'm definitely looking forward to the Get Lucky 7K in March.

Future hubs (who volunteered on the set-up crew and as a race photographer) and I spent the rest of New Year's Day enjoying the delicious batch of chili he made and watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory.

I'm still having my ups and downs with winter blues, and I received prayer from a member of the prayer team at church today.  She even sensed that God was telling her how much he liked me.  God loves every one of us, but he also likes us and delights in our company.  I think if I remembered that more, then I wouldn't struggle with faith so much.  I think that realization might cause more people to believe in God, too.

This evening, I went over to the Midtown YWCA to do circuit training with my friend, Melissa.  She is studying to be a personal trainer, and I agreed to be her guinea pig while she is on winter break.  Holy cow... I got my ass kicked, but in a good way.  She's going to be an awesome personal trainer.


I signed up for the Run for the Bling of It challenge today, mostly because I thought it would help motivate me to reach my running goals for 2011.  Plus, 12 races will be enough for me this year (I'm glad four of them will not cost me a cent!).  Right now, my first race isn't until March, but I plan on signing up for one of the Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlons in February.  I should make up for any race deficit this summer, particularly in August with both the Ragnar Relay and Minneapolis Duathlon.

Here's to 2011!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! We are NYE engagment twins!! I am super excited to run 12 races this year too. I am now a little nervous, because there will be a lot of wedding planning going on too. But I know that running always makes me feel better. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I missed you at this one! Hopefully we can meet at another Team Ortho event:)

    ReplyDelete