We also received a few small gifts in appreciation for our time and feedback. Two of those items will be included in a giveaway I'm planning for next week. I just need to get the additional items ready.
In my last post, I mentioned that I would be seeking your advice, so here's what I'm puzzling over...
|Cue the thinking/raised eyebrow/I'm not amused photo!|
- I am currently injury-free.
- My runs are going well.
- This run would (in a way) fit into my Ragnar training.
- The swag is awesome:
|Brooks technical shirt|
- The race would be a great excuse to dress up in costume. I already have one in the works. :)
- I already have the day off.
- My longest run of this training cycle so far has been a 10K. I've got a 10K race (Stillwater 10K as part of the Stillwater Marathon weekend) this weekend, so then I'd have to do a 7-mile long run on June 5, an 8-miler on June 11 or 12, a 10-miler on June 18 or 19, an 8-miler on June 25 or 26, and then race on July 4. A half-marathon is doable with this short of training, but it won't be my best effort (which is fine with me).
- I'm worried about getting injured again. I always do once I'm able to run again after taking time off due to injury.
- Planning a wedding (a.k.a. death by a thousand paper cuts).
- Figuring out where future hubs and I are going to live after we get married. We're thinking about getting an apartment for a year, then finding a condo, townhouse or house. I doubt the housing market is going to rebound in a year's time.
- Getting burned out before Ragnar and Savannah, although I'm more likely to get burned out training in hot weather for Ragnar.
What do you think I should do?
Please comment with your advice. Thanks a bunch!